Background

Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me...

So this Sunday is my birthday. I will officially be a quarter century old AND will be able to rent cars without an underage drivers fee.

Yippee!

Now most of my birthday weekend will be spent sequestered, cramming for my Microcomputer System Design final. I really know how to party, eh? However, on Sunday, Steven was awesome enough to get a suite at the Rivercats game. So I will be celebrating in style with some good friends.

Speaking of style, I picked up an early birthday present for myself from ModCloth today. Now once upon a time, I was fairly fashionable - I bought designer purses, expensive clothing and shoes, etc. But in recent years I've kind of gotten over that. Funnily enough, now that I make enough money to be able to afford those things, I suddenly find it silly and feel that my money is better spent on other things. Shopping is now generally on a "need" basis, and mainly restricted to Target, Woot shirts, H&M or the Gap. 

Generally.

Every now and again a friend will bring something cute to my attention and I must have it. And that's what happened today, with a pair of shoes.

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me...

I mean, aren't they just darling? And they'll go with quite a bit, I think, whenever I'm feeling snazzy. And now that I've found out about this site, I've added several other things to my wish list. Like this bathing suit, which is ah-mazing, but I just can't justify spending $90 on....yet...


And this dress, which I have plans to buy as soon as it's back in stock in my size, and have dreams of making the flowers actually sing when I walk to match the name of the dress, 'Singing the Blooms'.


So I suppose if anyone is feeling nice, any of these items would make a lovely present. Just sayin'. ;]

Happy Weekend! 

1 comment: