Background

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Jessica's Jauntings: Day 3

Well, I decided to travel by train from Vienna to Bratislava since the time I needed to travel by boat was sold out. Navigating the train station was much easier than anticipated, so I had some time to kill before my train arrived.

That's me, killing time at Wien Südbahnhof.

The train ride was rather pleasant, and I got to see some Austrian villages along the way. I also got to see this huge windmill farm. Literally, there was probably 50 windmills, it was pretty incredible.

I arrived at my hotel in Bratislava with out issue (although I may have been charged too much for my taxi ride), and now have this hideous view outside my window:

Yes, that is the Bratislava Castle in the far left.

After settling in and checking some email, I decided to walk around a bit and explore the city. It really is quite beautiful, and very interesting to wander around. I don't know why I was concerned about visiting in the first place!

Having missed lunch, I decided to have an early dinner and I popped into a typical Slovak restaurant - Modrá hviezda. The food was very yummy and the interior was way cool. I felt like I was eating in a medieval dining hall! The waiter was super friendly even though I was the only customer in the restaurant, and as I was snapping pictures he came over, shook his head and motioned that he should take a picture of me in the restaurant instead. So of course I said OK.

It was rather dark in the restaurant, since I assume they were trying to stay true to the style, the only light provided was by candle!

Now I am back in the hotel preparing for the first day of the Robotics in Education Conference tomorrow. It is going to be a long day, certainly, but I am very interested to see how robotics programs are taught in other countries. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment