Background

Thursday, March 24, 2011

I KNOW I can, I KNOW I can...

It's amazing how childhood books can still hold lessons and relevance for us today. Take The Little Engine That Could, for example. Almost everyone had this heartwarming tale read to them as a child - the story of a little engine who worked incredibly hard to pull a train up and over a large hill. But as it was read to you, you never thought that you were learning anything.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!

Now it's no secret that my first graduate semester has been a wee bit of a challenge. And on an emotional level, it's no secret that its been a wee bit of a challenge for me to come to terms that fact.

But just like the little engine, I've got an amazing support system to help me pull this train up my "academic hill". My mom, my best friend, who's always there to offer wise words - even with a three hour time difference.

And of course, Steven, my boyfriend. He deals with my "academic crazy" on a daily basis, but never gets frustrated (or at least doesn't appear so) and never stops believing that I can get through the semester. He's the perfect voice of reason, constantly reminding me to stop living in my head and just get things done! I don't know what I'd do without him.

I'm truly very blessed, and while I'm facing my first academic "hill" - I know I can chug-a-chug over it. It'll be a lot of work, but I can make it through. This semester may be a hurdle, but I'm learning a lot, and I can confidently apply those lessons to future semesters to make them easier.

Look out world, get ready to see me shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment