Background

Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

Since I have my Microprocessor System Design I Midterm on Tuesday, most of this weekend was spent preparing for that. However, after studying for most of Saturday morning, Steven and I decided to get on our bikes and enjoy the gorgeous weather. We headed over to Fox & Goose Public House for some delicious brunch & Bloody Mary's.

When we got back from our bike ride, I got back to studying only to have a patented Jessica-Freak-Out-Moment.  For those of you not aware, these moments happen when I become increasingly overwhelmed with a class, reach a breaking point, think I'm not going to get an A, and therefore decide I can't do it. Thankfully, Steven seems well equipped to deal these freak-outs and he talked me down. (He's just so great!)

Even so, I decided to call it quits on the studying for the evening and just watch a movie.

The next day was our Three-Year of Dating Anniversary (yay)! Steven had to go into the stadium to work an event, which was OK because it gave me time to recover the time I'd lost due to my episode the night before. I put on my new thinking-touque and was ready to hit the books!

I am really quite fond of this hat. It's amazing.

In the light of the new day, my studying went much better, and I even knocked out part of our first project which isn't due until the 29th.

That evening Steven and I went to The Loving Hut for our anniversary dinner. It's a vegan restaurant that just opened in Sacramento in December. I know, you're thinking 'gross!' but oh my goodness it was so delicious! I had the Sauteed Green Beans & Tofu while Steven had the Kung Pow 'Chicken'. I highly recommend you try this place out. (No worries, it's not super fancy, Steven and I aren't really fancy people so we kept it low-key for our anniversary.)


Afterwards, we picked up some dessert to enjoy at home while I knocked out the last bit of my studying. I can honestly say now that I don't know how much more I can prepare for this exam. 

And when I usually feel that way, I ace it. Not to brag or anything, but it did work for my Numerical Analysis midterm.

...And that's just a great feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment