Background

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Back to School, Back to School...

I have recently come to the realization that while I have been talking about how much I'm enjoying my graduate school courses, I haven't actually said anything specific about them. So for any interested, here we go!

The first class I'm taking in Numerical Analysis which is basically a fancy name for your standard MATLAB class. Honestly, it's not that exciting, but it is good coding practice. Plus, MATLAB is being used for robotics applications, so it will be good to get familiar with the software. And I scored a 100% on my first quiz, so that's pretty rad.

But my second class, Microcomputer System Design I, is the course I'm most excited about. It's covering PCI system architecture which is going to help a lot with the things I work on at Parallax. Basically, it's a bus specifications for all peripheral devices communicating with the computer processor. The nice thing is that all bus specifications are basically the same, so by getting a thorough understanding of PCI, I will be able to more easily code and work with specifications more prevalent to microcontrollers, such as I2C.

And the teacher is awesome too, he breaks things down into easy to understand pieces using some great analogies. Plus, he has an excellent sense of humor, which you really have to appreciate when he's covering what's normally very dry material.

And now for something completely different!

Tomorrow is a very big day - The Packers take on the Steelers for Super Bowl XLV! We're throwing a big bash to celebrate the occasion with beer, brats with kraut, and green and gold cupcakes! It should be an awesome game, ending in an awesome Packers victory! :D


GO PACK GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment