Background

Monday, February 14, 2011

Look Ma, I'm on the interwebs!

Nothing too exciting to report here...I'm currently sick and spent all of yesterday in bed watching classic Doctor Who episodes on Netflix, popping Chinese immune system-boosting herbs (or 'Ancient Chinese Secret' as I like to call them) like they were going out of style, all while muddling through a Numerical Analysis lab. And while that may sound all well and good, I missed out on the opportunity to try out cross-country skiing.

I blame the people who come into work sick under the guise of 'I'm not contagious'. Puh-lease. It's the 21st century people, the internet provides us the amazing ability to stay in contact with the office while keeping our germs to ourselves. You're only hurting those around you...and they don't appreciate it.

I'll admit, I used to be one who wouldn't call in if I was still feeling OK to work - but that was very selfish as I didn't think of the well-being of my fellow co-workers. So now, while my coughs are honking away, but I still feel clear-headed enough to work, I can confine myself to the apartment and still be plenty productive.

And if I'm still sick by this weekend when there is finally supposed to be snow in Tahoe, heads will roll I tell you, ROLL!

Anyway, I did release a new video last week, should you be interested in watching. You can also find my face on the homepage of www.parallax.com.


This video focuses on the differences between our old Scribbler Robot and our new and improved S2 Robot. If you'd like to take a look, go here!

And if you have a YouTube account, you should 'Like' the video, it makes me feel awesome.

...And I'm sick. 

3 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better soon. You know I have no idea what you are talking about in your videos, I am in no way a techie but you are very good on camera and seem very knowledgeable I enjoy watching you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo, you're not going to the Rocklin office, and I'm in the Spokane, WA office, right? How come I'm getting sick at the same time? Are you sure germs don't travel over internet? :-P

    I shared the link to the video with my Facebook account so you got some more exposure there, even with Spanish-speaking audience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh!! 1. How cute is my mom's comment up there? She's such a cute little blogger & 2. I totally agree with you with the sickness. I get so irritated when people don't stay home! Grr! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete