Background

Monday, October 11, 2010

Playfully Productive

This weekend was an absolute blast, and surprisingly productive! On Saturday Steven and I pulled the top off the Jeep and went cruising around to look at potential new places to rent that we saw online. It went very well, we were able to eliminate certain areas and narrow our search down a bit, which is a relief.

After house hunting, Steven took me to Raley Field for my first lesson driving the Jeep! And apparently I'm the "easiest person ever to teach how to drive a stick." In fact, I started from a stop without him telling me how to! (Still don't really know how I managed that.) Of course I stalled a few times, but it really was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I daresay I'll be an expert in no time flat!

Then, Saturday evening, we met up with some friends at the Dixon Corn Maze. If you are in the Sacramento area and haven't visited yet, seriously, GO! It's currently the Guinness Book of World Records-holder for the largest corn maze, and was a total blast.


We had technical difficulties at the beginning of the maze when we lost some of our group members. They ended up being waaaay better at navigating the maze than we did, and ended up waiting about 30 minutes for us to make our way to the first checkpoint. Us navigationally-challenged people made the mistake of trying to follow the map and look at the markers, a technique which kept leading us astray since all of the markers had been compromised (aka switched around).

After the maze, we hit up one of our favorite bars - O'Malley's Irish Pub in our Old Sacramento hood. We had a few beers, played pool (I accidentally made two shots!) and had a general good time.

Sunday was a wonderfully lazy day, we watched the Rays force Game 5 and then continued our Battlestar Galactica marathon.

Now I'm in Dayton, Ohio for a Project Lead the Way conference until Wednesday. Not as exciting as a business trip to Europe, but it should still be fun! I get to teach a small Boe-Bot seminar, which is definitely one of my favorite aspects of my job.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun weekend!!! I'm so proud of your for getting the jeep on your first try :) Work travel....suckage!! I'm headed to Germany on Tuesday....

    ReplyDelete