Background

Thursday, October 14, 2010

21-Day Meditation Challenge


So for the last four days, I have been embarking on the Chopra Center's 21-Day Meditation Challenge...because I'm earthy now.

Not really.

But I do find that I have the tendency to get frustrated and angry easily with people. I know what you're thinking - no, not you Jessica, you're positively amazing! But alas, no matter how close to perfection I might be, I do have my faults. And apparently meditation is supposed to be calming.

My wonderful mother turned me onto this challenge a couple of months ago, but I never got past Day 1. Honestly, I just didn't like it. But then a couple weeks ago I saw that they were starting the challenge again so I figured, what the hey, I'll give it another go. One day isn't really giving it much of a chance.

So far this go-round has surprisingly been pretty good. Except I do think the guy (Danny G) talks waaaaay too much. Seriously, I just want to start the freakin' meditation already and not listen to you say the same thing three different times. Maybe I'm just not "spiritual" enough, but it would be great if he would just explain what we had to do, tell us why we're doing it and then stop yapping.

It actually reminds me a lot of that scene from Caddyshack where Ty is giving Danny a golf lesson, and he keeps telling him to "be the ball, be the ball, be the ball, be the ball, be the ball..."

But, ya know, it is kinda hard with you talking like that.

So I'll keep you posted on how it's going my dearest, bloggiest friends. If nothing else I should have some entertaining stories.

Now I'm off to do some cleaning, because the house is cluttered again. Sigh. I really can't wait until we move to a bigger place. This is getting ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment