Background

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Just Hangin' at the Airport...

For some reason I have recently been finding myself at airports much earlier than necessary. This is not necessarily a bad thing, it just means that I find myself with a lot more time on my hands.

Like today for example, I arrived at the airport about 3 hours early - but this just gives me plenty of time to catch-up on some work email and publish a fantastic post for you, dearest Blogland. And also allows me to reminisce about the hours upon hours I've spent on standby or waiting for a delayed flight in this very airport, this very terminal even!

I don't think I've been to the Cincinnati airport for about 8 years, but I'm surprised that not much has changed. There's new restaurants, sure, and my favorite book store that reminded me of Flourish & Blotts (Harry Potter, for those not nerdy enough) is gone.

I might even relive my childhood by walking the opposite direction on the moving sidewalk later. Depends how spunky I'm feeling.

Isn't that a great word, spunky? I think I'm going to start using it more.

But I digress and would, however, like to express my frustration with airports who don't provide free WiFi in the terminal - seriously, what's the deal? I mean, I'm currently tethering my phone and computer (which allows me to get internet on my laptop through my cell service - again, for those not nerdy enough), so I don't have to pay. But I don't get 3G service in this airport, so my connection is painfully slow.

I did, however, find a delicious place to have Lunner, a place called 360 Gourmet Burritos. The prices were quite reasonable, the veggies were fresh, and I got to choose tofu as my "meat"! Surprisingly healthy for airport food - and for Cincinnati in general, honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment