Background

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gobble Gobble, Please!

Alongside a tradition of overeating, inflatable balloons and field goals lies a far less glamorous custom of family gathering at the dinner table and reciting what they're thankful for. In fact, the Uelmen family takes that tradition one step further and writes what they're thankful for in a journal that has been kept since my sister was in the second grade.

In keeping with this ritual, I wanted to take a moment and list some of the things that I am thankful for this year. Many people get caught up in the stress of the holiday, and I think it's important to take a moment to just be grateful for the good things in your life.

So here goes, in no particular order:

I'm thankful for my job. In this world of economic uncertainty, I am truly grateful to have a job that I enjoy going to and not to mention pays the bills and keeps me living rather comfortably. Thanks, Parallax!


I'm thankful for my amazing boyfriend. Most days I really can't believe how fortunate I am to be with someone so supportive and fun. I'd be a lot worse off if he weren't around, that's for sure!


I'm thankful to have such an incredible family. Although we'll be spending this Thanksgiving miles apart, I'll be celebrating with them in spirit. I can't think of better people to call my kin, and can never thank my parents enough for how well the raised me and how much their unconditional love and support means to me.


And on a less sappy note, I'm thankful that the Doctor Who Christmas Special is only one month away! I've been jonesing for some new Who and with Michael Gambon in this episode, it's going to be spectacular!


To all of my wonderful friends, I am thankful for you as well! I just don't have a snazzy picture of everyone to share here. You all bring laughter, nerdiness, support, and general shennanigans to my life, and I'm grateful to spend time with each of you.

Happy Turkey Day, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Greenbay plays Atlanta tonight I beieve ;)

    ReplyDelete