Background

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fun with Friendlies!

While I may have appeared to have dropped "off the grid" for the last week, again, I assure you it was for good reason. One, I know you all have better things to do than read these random posts, and two I was entertaining my BFF Taylor and her husband Josh for four days.

So let us now embark on a brief tour of our awesome adventures, which can also serve as a preview if you, too, decide to come visit. And if I like you, I hope you do! (You know who you are.)

Day 1, Friday, was a day spent around Sacramento. Since our guests arrived on a late (and delayed) flight we slept in for a bit (which was nice) and then went out on the town. We headed to Old Sacramento first, Steven's and my old stomping ground, walked around and took some pictures. Then we headed over to the Capitol Building, followed by lunch at the holy grail of California dining...


Yes ladies and gentleman, the most delicious burger joint around. I love taking people here because its cheap and delicious. Mmmmm, mmmmm. We then returned to our new place and hung out for a bit, watched some Dr. Horrible and played some Rockband and Street Fighter. The evening was filled with dinner and more friendlies who stopped by our place to finish off the last of Steven't pumpkin ale.

Day 2, Saturday was aiming to be San Francisco day, but due to a late start we decided to hold off and head to Apple Hill instead. It was a gorgeous day, filled with plenty of apples. The most interested apple concoction was "Apple Beer". This wasn't beer made with apples, it was actually your choice of Bud Light, Coors Light or Sierra Nevada mixed with Apple Cider. Josh described it with the word of the trip, "interesting."

We finished the day at the Jack Russel Brewing Company, which is always a good time. They have a great outdoor grassy area with live music, food and vendors - and not to mention great beer. Saturday was their tribute to Guy Fawkes, so there were fun renaissance performers sword fighting with sticks. One of the vendors, a "fancy" almond seller, and one of the best salesmen around got us to buy a package of toffee almonds, garlic almonds, and wasabi peas. Wasabi peas are Steven's absolute favorite, and for the rest of the day he kept trying to get me to try one. Here's a picture of me trying to smile pretty while Steven mounts his assault:


After that picture, a bit of wasabi pea got on my lip, and my lips were on fire for like an hour. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but my lips were burning. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is enough to never get me to try wasabi peas.

Day 3, Sunday, was spent in Tahoe. We found out that they would be getting a pretty good dumping of snow, and thought it would be cool to head up and see it and the lake. Steven got to drive his new Jeep in the snow, and it was rockin' to not have to put chains on.

It did end up snowing pretty good over the summit, and we found a great place to pull over and play in the snow. There were snowball fights and attempts at snowmen and a good time was had by all.

Taylor and I by Lake Tahoe.

Steven and I posing: Lake Tahoe and some pretty fall colors.

Snowball fight!

Day 4, Monday, was spent in lovely San Francisco. We hit all of the touristy spots: Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown, rode the cable cars, and the Golden Gate Bridge. Many choruses of the Full House theme were sung, particularly when we were walking the Golden Gate.

Josh, Taylor & I at Fisherman's Wharf.

Steven and I posing for the classic Golden Gate shot.

Then on Tuesday they left and I was sad. But I am super excited that they got to visit, and I hope they loved visiting as much as we loved having them! :]

So when are you coming to visit?

1 comment:

  1. Pumpking Ale, Apple Beer, JR Brewing Co., so, you’re inviting people to go and visit so they’re the designated drivers, right? :-D

    ReplyDelete