Background

Saturday, August 7, 2010

My Mid(ish)-Year Resolution

Personally, I find mid-year resolutions to be far more productive than new-year resolutions. In the new year, you think about the things that bothered you about your life last year - whether it be the generic diet, exercise, or finance - and set goals for the new year.

But for me, I think mid-year resolutions are far more practical. You're living in the situation, so you have far more motivation to change what you don't like. On my end, I want to be more positive, and try to stop disliking...well...mostly everyone.

I'm starting with a simple necklace, found through my good friend Stacie at The Tales from the Fairy Dust. Not only did it 'fit the bill' of a simple necklace that I could wear daily, it kind of looks like 'The One Ring', and the text on the card quickly became my new mantra:


Far too often I find myself getting frustrated and angry at certain situations or people at work. And many of my colleagues have an automatic impulse to be negative, blame a person, recall past grievances, and get really angry. To be honest, it gets really tiring and really starts to wear on a person. So now, I am going to try and break the cycle and start being more positive. As my very wise mother always says, 'You can't change the way people act, but you can change the way you feel about the situation.'

And that's what I'm going to try to do. I do think I made a major step in the right direction when I didn't buy the following necklace, although I was sorely tempted:


And my other mid(ish)-year resolution? To finally do something with geekcr3d.com. Seriously. I've procrastinated enough... and am taking suggestions.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Love the necklace and the other one made me laugh. I feel you on the work situatons...I feel like I'm constantly dealing with one person's negative attitude or another. Keep positive! Love you!

    ReplyDelete