Background

Monday, August 30, 2010

Hap-hap-happenin's

I suppose its been awhile since I've updated this thing, so I thought I'd pop in and let you know what I've been up to, since I know you're dying to know. :]

But things have been pretty standard out here. Steven and I visited my aunt and uncle in beautiful Monterey a couple weekends ago and had a marvelous time. It had been far too long since we'd spent time with them, so it was great to catch up. Their house is absolutely gorgeous and right in the middle of the action in downtown Monterey.

I also got to visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium (finally) and got to experience 'The Secret Lives of Seahorses' exhibit. It had an incredible number of interesting seahorse species including the one below, the Leafy Sea Dragon. Isn't it amazing that creatures like this exist?


This weekend was fairly laid back. On Saturday I celebrated 'Read Comics in Public Day' by reading my issue of The Amazing Spider-Man - The Wedding! out by the river. Later, I headed out to see Scott Pilgrim vs. the World again with some friends from work. If you haven't seen this awesome movie yet - what have you been waiting for? Seriously, go see it right now, you won't be sorry.


Sunday was pretty laid back, I was supposed to meet up with some friends visiting the Bay Area, but unfortunately it just got too late. So I cleaned the apartment to prep for Steven's mom visiting this week - yay! Funny how every time I give the apartment a good scrub down, I swear that its going to stay that way this time, and then a week later its all cluttered again. Oh well, I suppose its due to our lack of places to put things - and not due to the fact that we're slobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment