Background

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Confidence, I haz it!

Phew...as I am sitting on my couch enjoying a very well deserved [I think] glass of wine, I can't help but think - where did this last week go?! Was there some kind of tear in the space-time continuum that made me skip a few days?

I mean, I'm a busy gal, I know that. I accomplished a lot this week: recorded and released a new video [see it here!], finished documentation for a revised product to launch next week, got ahead on some school work, and prepped for a large Open House event Parallax held for National Robotics Week.


Despite all that, I'm still surprised at how fast this week passed! Not to mention the weekend - it's really time to go back to work tomorrow?

And my birthday is only three weeks away. What the what?

But more on National Robotics Week, because I'm quite proud of the event I was in charge of organizing. I mean, I'm generally not one to "toot my own horn" - but it was an awesome event. We probably had well over 200 people show up, which for us [and being the first year we're doing this] is a BIG deal. We had demos, tours and raffles, and I don't think anyone left without a smile on their face.

On another note, thanks to a good four hours of hard work today, I can now say with confidence that I have graduate school on lock. Just a couple more hours of programming and I'll have my part of our "group" project done! With that out of the way, if my useless partner doesn't come through, I'll have a very good case to make to the professor as to why it wasn't completed on time.

HUZZAH!

2 comments:

  1. programming?
    What kind of programming are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Verilog, it's hardware programming. But I also program in C, BASIC and Spin (Parallax's Propeller microcontroller language)!

    ReplyDelete