Background

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Quest to Quit Coffee

A major pet peeve of mine at work is the fact that some of my co-workers don't seem to have the courtesy to brew a new pot of coffee when the carafe is near-empty, leaving nothing but burnt, undrinkable liquid in the bottom. So I nearly always need to brew a new pot when I get to work - rather irksome when it's early in the morning.

So I've decided to take the plunge and try to give up my addiction to coffee and replace it with a more healthy option - tea. Now I haven't really read any studies or anything, and have absolutely no evidence to back my claim, but I feel that tea would be a better source to quench my caffeine addiction than coffee.

And if not, at least it will make my breath smell better.

Today on my lunch hour I popped into Tevana and picked up their Perfect TeaMaker. It's a rather neat contraption that allows you to brew a single cup of tea really easily. You just add water and tea leaves, let it steep for as long as needed, then place it on top of your mug and let the tea drain into your cup. Bellissimo! 


I also picked up some tea which apparently has 100% the caffeine of coffee, so hopefully this will make the switch easier. My main concern is making sure I don't get a headache at noon, so I'll try to keep you posted (dear Blogland) in case any of you out there are thinking of doing something similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment